Friday, March 15, 2019

COMMUNION SERVICE PT1

So last week Sunday, I followed my friend to a church. Let me start from the very beginning. There is a particular girl in my hostel, she does all these fellowship and church stuff, in her mind it’s called evangelism, I always thought evangelism was bringing the lost souls to Christ until I discovered that this girl’s version was church recruitment. I have to give it to her, she was very persistent and convincing, it was almost pitiable. Every day, she would come to my room as some sort of ‘visitation tactic’ and come and turn the bible upside down and each time I’ll tell her politely (or not) to leave but she kept coming back, it was parasitic. So last week, I called her and told her that I would go to her church on Sunday and in return she would never come to my room ever again. it seemed like a good deal to her and she accepted thinking her church would change me but the way my heart was and with all the prayers I’ve used to shock it, nothing will happen o at least it won’t in Jesus’ name.
We stood outside our hostel gate waiting for the ‘bus’ that she said would come. Thirty minutes, one hour, one hour thirty minutes, I realized this when I checked my phone and saw 8 o clock. We stood there for one hour thirty minutes and when we almost gave up to go ourselves the bus showed. Hmm, my people, what will my eyes not see? The bus she so mightily described to me was anything but what I was seeing. The bus looked like it would fall apart on its own now add overloading to it, all these ‘manage here’, ‘that place can contain you’, ‘if you put your feet there, you’ll find space to seat’ and even we knew we couldn’t manage not unless we had plans of parachuting out the trap they called a bus. So we went to church ourselves.
On the road to their church, I paid more than half of the fares, ‘she didn’t have change’ me that I knew that was the last time. Their church was like all those fake churches you see on Africa magic epic, imagine any stereotype and you have it. The place was really far to begin with, we almost spent an hour. In some places, we’ll take bus, some bike, the only thing we didn’t take was canoe because we trekked over the death trap they called the bridge. Into your hands o lord I commit my spirit, we trekked fire which left me wondering the fate of the ‘lucky ones in the church bus’.
Apparently that was the beginning of my problems.

I want to celebrate my sister, her birthday was yesterday and I also want to make a shout out to uncle Sodiq who does not miss any update and who encourages me to update.
I'm sorry I couldn't update last week, had a lot going on exams and all. Thanks for your understanding. It's going to be a double update today. Sit tight.

Love,
OMO AYAN

No comments:

Post a Comment